It can be daunting when you have to look for the right insecticide for plants. The best insecticide for plants must be environmental friendly ( non-toxic to humans and plant tolerant). For safe food consumption, you need to have a clear view on what type of plant insecticides you can use in growing crops.
Insecticides for plants, such as the neem oil pesticide, are particularly effective when they are made entirely of organic ingredients. The majority of crop producers prefer to make their own natural pesticide than to use synthetic insecticides to get rid of insects and pests in their plants. A study found that the indiscriminate use of synthetic pesticides promotes contamination and insect resistance.
According to studies, the best insecticide for plants must increase crop productivity, provide food security, and take consumer health into account. A good plant insecticide should also be affordable and biodegradable. The naturally occurring plant components that offer insect-repelling qualities include terpenes, flavonoids, alkaloids, polyphenols, cyanogenic glucosides, quinones, amides, aldehydes, thiophenes, amino acids, saccharides, and polyketides, to name just a few.
If you wish to make your own homemade bug repelling solution, it is difficult to extract these insect repellent chemicals. Here is a list of the top-selling insecticides for gardens so you don’t lose any time. These plant pesticides are continually being examined in terms of their effectiveness and eco-friendliness.
List of best insecticide for plants
Find below a compilation of plant insecticide very effective in repelling insects and pest from gardens and are environmental and human friendly.
|Insecticides for plants||Where to buy plant insecticides|
|Bonide captain jack’s Neem max||Link|
|Monterey Bacillus Thuringiensis (B.t.) Worm & Caterpillar Killer Insecticide||Link|
|Ortho Insect Mite and Disease 3 in 1||Link|
|Bio Advanced Systemic Plant Insecticide||Link|
|Bio Advanced Fruit, Citrus & Vegetable Insect Control||Link|
|Bio Advanced Rose & Flower Insect Killer||Link|
|Southern Ag Thuricide BT Caterpillar Control||Link|
|Bonide Dormant Products All Seasons 210 Horticultural Spray Oil Concentrate||Link|
|Compare-N-Save Systemic Tree and Shrub Insect Drench||Link|
|Garden Safe Brand Insecticidal Soap Insect Killer||Link|
Bonide captain jack’s Neem max
- List of Bonide captain jack’s Neem max features
- Organic plant based insecticide capable of stopping insect lifecycle.
- It controls fungicide, insecticide, miticide and nematicide.
- Good for organic crop production.
- It can kill insects at any stage of their life cycle.
- Good for indoor and outdoor plants.
Monterey Bacillus Thuringiensis (B.t.) Worm & Caterpillar Killer Insecticide
- Features of Monterey insecticide.
- kills caterpillars and leafminers.
- Good for indoor and outdoor plants.
Ortho Insect Mite and Disease
- Features on Ortho Insect Mite and Disease
- Good for indoor and outdoor plants
- Prevents leaf loss
- Suitable for vegetable production
- Kills insects and mites.
Bio Advanced Systemic Plant Insecticide
- List of Bio Advanced Systemic Plant Insecticide usage and features.
- Kills insects and keeps them away from the garden up to 12 months.
- Good for flower production.
- Can be applied on veggies.
- Controls insects in lawns.
Southern Ag Thuricide BT Insect and Pests Control
- Find the uses of Southern Ag Thuricide BT
- Good for veggies production.
- Best for organic growers.
- Controls insects including caterpillars.
- Low toxicity to pets.
- Environment friendly.
Garden Safe Brand Insecticidal Soap Insect Killer
- Find the usage of garden safe insecticidal soap insect killer.
- It is made up of herbs but very effective on weeds.
- Best for organic vegetable production.
- Effective on soft and hard insects like aphids, leafhoppers, mealybugs.